Into the Forest and Over the Mountains

“Wonderful how completely everything in wild nature fits into us, as if truly part and parent of us. The sun shines not on us but in us. The rivers flow not past, but through us, thrilling, tingling, vibrating every fiber and cell of the substance of our bodies, making them glide and sing. The trees wave and the flowers bloom in our bodies as well as our souls, and every bird song, wind song, and tremendous storm song of the rocks in the heart of the mountains is our song, our very own, and sings our love” – John Muir, “Mountain Thoughts”

Whenever I take a walk in the woods, my heart is filled and soul soothed. My mind is eased and the chatter is stopped. This is my grove, a collection of photographs from forests and mountains all across the Earth. For cleaning the air so we may breathe, thank you forests. May we protect these ecosystems, as they are vital to all life on Earth. We are part of a system, interconnected, one.

Upper

our lovely free campsite in Kaibab National Forest

Leah
Hike up the ridge to the lookout

2 night backpacking trip to the backside of Upper
Our campsite on top of the wooden platform at the back of upper

Blanca Lake

Hall of Mosses Trail in the Hoh Rainforest- Olympic National Park – took this right before I stumbled upon a big brown bear butt in the middle of the trail
Brilliant old tree in Cape Flattery
bridge into the Grove of the Patriarchs, Mt. Rainier
Mt. Hood amongst the brilliant yellow wildflowers
Mt. Hood from Lost Lake

Views overlooking the Upper Klamath Lake and winding tributaries